Is your organization interested in being part of an exciting co-location space for mission-driven organizations in Vancouver? Do you see value for communities that have shared spaces in their neighbourhoods? Are you struggling with finding secure, adequate, and affordable real estate to deliver your programs or services?
If you answered ‘YES’ to any of these questions, we might have an opportunity for you! A local group is curating a tenant cohort to occupy the mezzanine unit in the Old BC Electric Building at 425 Carrall Street. So far, Ecotrust Canada, Climate Smart, Light House Sustainable Building Centre, RADIUS, New Markets Fund, and The Tyee are committed to sharing space and services there.
They have about 1000 square feet of space remaining, and are seeking at least 1 more tenant to join in. Here’s what’s included:
- 1. In addition to your own dedicated area in the unit, you have access to almost 4000 square feet of shared space, including a classroom/event space, medium-size boardroom (seats about 15), reception area, a kitchen, and smaller meeting rooms. Each tenant organization pays for their proportion of shared space based on how much dedicated space they occupy.
- 2. A small discount on the annual rent IF you can move in with everyone else on September 1st, 2014.
- 3. Rent includes base rent, operating costs, and access to the following ancillary services:
— shared space programming (like intranet, lunch-learns, social events, etc. where collaboration can flourish)
— reception and office management services (including rent administration)
— internet and secured IT equipment storage/access
— cleaning services
— recycling and composting
— office supplies
- 4. Location security – this is a 5-year lease, with an option to renew with the landlord. If we get this right, there is even a vision of moving from this leased space into an ownership model in the future!
- 5. Have a hand in the look and feel of the space – we are embarking on detailed space planning and design, so the earlier you get involved, the more input you can have in that design process, including some ability to customize your own dedicated space.
- 6. Be part of shaping this cutting edge co-working space in Vancouver by participating in the shared space programming, including how the space operates and how to nurture collaboration.
All this, plus all the immeasurable benefits of co-locating with a curated group of organizations like greater opportunities for collaboration, new relationships and business opportunities, and increased visibility!
Does this sound AWESOME? Contact:
Vancity Community Investment