Culture Days will take place this year on September 30, October 1 and 2. Artists, arts organizations, cultural, and heritage organizations, businesses, and municipalities can all play a part in sharing our love of arts and culture.
Give the public a peek behind the curtains to discover your creative process, have them learn something new or engage with other members of the community.
Choose from a variety of activity types to connect with participants:
- Hands-on: invite people to create, help make or try doing something themselves.
- Behind-the-scenes: take visitors inside artistic spaces to get a peek at creativity in action.
- Excursion: offer a tour of more than one location (e.g., art gallery crawl).
- Discussion: offer artist talks, panels, roundtables and other cultural conversations where audiences can learn and discuss.
- Collective Creation: let the public contribute to a collaborative act or work of art.
Culture Days is not only a celebration, but an opportunity to showcase what you do year-round, so feel free to register free activities promoting upcoming events or assisting with the planning of future community projects, such as public consultations, seminars, or volunteer recruitment activities.
Registration is easy!
- Start by going to CultureDays.ca and clicking Register an Activity.
- Then click Create a regular Culture Days account.
- Once you’ve created your account and are logged in, click the “Register activities” button.
- Click “Add a New Activity” for each activity you are planning and complete the online form (don’t forget to upload an image for each activity).
- The last step is to enter the captcha code and click “Publish.” You’ll be taken to your activity’s public webpage for review. You can always go back and edit if you need to make any changes. If you don’t wish to publish your activity for the public right away, but would like to save your draft, click “Save Changes.”
Visit the Resources page for useful tip sheets, digital marketing materials and toolkits.
Check out the Top 5 Reasons to Host a Culture Days Activity on our Culture Days Blog.
Last day to register for inclusion in the provincial marketing campaign: July 31, 2016.
Registration closes: September 18, 2016.