Cultural Spaces are an important facet of the work we do in Cultural Services. On June 1, 2016 staff provided an update to Vancouver City Council [PDF].
The report focuses on the six ways cultural spaces are supported:
- Partnering to develop new space
- Major funding to acquire and renovate
- Renting City spaces (both nominal and market)
- Infrastructure grants
- Regulatory assistance
- Capacity building
In the report we share information about new facilities that have been developed, the new studios added to our live/work program, projects underway, current tenants in city-owned spaces, trends, next steps and more! [view the PDF report]
LEARN MORE ABOUT SOME OF THE CITY OF VANCOUVER’S #CulturalSpaces WORK
- An overview of how we create cultural and performance spaces (with links to resources)
- Arts Event License program – supporting pop-up spaces in Vancouver
- Theatres and performance spaces – featuring the four Vancouver Civic Theatres, salons and plaza. All available for rent!
- Cultural Infrastructure Grant program – used by community to buy, build, renovate and expand their cultural spaces
- Permit Fee Assistance – financial help with development and permit fees on cultural projects
- Artist Live/Work Studio program – supporting the housing of Vancouver’s artists. Next application intake Fall 2017.
Interested in being involved with one of our current projects? From June 1 – 30th, 2016 we’re mapping Vancouver’s Cultural Spaces with crowd-sourced information.