Working with other civic departments, Cultural Services participates in the development and upgrading of cultural facilities through zoning incentives and capital funding.
We are also responsible for the operation of Vancouver Civic Theatres including the Vancouver Playhouse, the Orpheum and the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
Cultural Services is also involved in special development projects including the Hastings Park/PNE Master Plan.
In 2012, Cultural Services assisted in the creation of the Arts and Cultural Advisory Council which advises Vancouver City Council on issues, policies and strategies related to arts and culture in the city.
- Visit us online: http://vancouver.ca/culture
- Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/vanculture
- Follow us on Twitter: @VanCultureBC
- Subscribe to the listserv to receive notifications of cultural opportunities
We welcome your comments and encourage discussion, dialogue and debate. Please note that you are individually responsible for the content of your comments. We want all our users to be able to express their opinions freely and enter into informed discussion. While we want this to be an open and honest forum, we also want posts to be courteous and not cause intimidation or offence; therefore, we reserve the right to delete posts that contain any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist posts, links or images
- comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or not-for-profit organizations
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user
- repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
If repeated posts of the above nature are made by any individual, we retain the right to block that person from further activity on our page. By posting on this site, you agree to these terms and conditions.